Monday, September 21, 2009

The Merge Lane

It's funny where you get your ideas to blog about. Today as I was driving about, a young lady, maybe a college student, in a BMW was in a merge lane. As she was approaching the end of the merge lane she came to a stop. Being in the lane she needed to get in, I slowed down to let her in. She just sat there. So, I just passed her and went on. That little moment led to this blog.

My thoughts as I drove on down the road was how we need to jump in. However we must do our research in order to succeed. Example, say this girl came to the end of the merge lane, never looked, and just pulled out in traffic. I bet most of the time she slams into someone causing a wreck, hurting herself or someone else in the matter. That would be a fail. Now, the proper way would be to keep going at a slower rate, looking around to see when traffic is clear, and merging in slowing then hitting the gas.

Now, where am I going with this. We can look at business the same way. We have to do our research in order to succeed. If we jump in feet first with no research, there is a good chance we are going to fail. However, if we study and do our research about what we are getting into, we are not guarantied to succeed, but our chances are much much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment