Saturday, July 4, 2009

Are You Engaging?

Well it's almost been a month since my last blog entry. I know I'm slacking a bit but I have come up with a few blog ideas that I will work on over the month. What I want to write about to day is being engaging. A few months and post ago, I touched on being social. This could tie in very well to that post.

As I sit here and watch a baseball game on the 4th, I see an over head shot of the field and see three dead spots where the outfielders stand during the game. As I see this it reminds me of a word that I have been hearing a bit lately, engaging. This word applies pretty much every area of your life. Are you engaging?

So why this really means is are you approchable? When people see you, are you someone they want to talk to? How is your demeanor? Are you smiling? How do you carry yourself? Do you look interesting? Or are you a dead spot like those three patches of grass on the baseball field?

So over the next few, I'll see what areas I can work on to be more engaging and I urge you to as well. Like I said, this does not just apply in areas of business but also personal. I know I'm going to have fun working on being more engaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment