Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Loyal or Not?

I really want to know what you think. Growing up my family always seems to visit the same establishment for a type of service. If it was related to boating it was one place, always. If it was a book store it was the same place, always. My family as always been loyal to a place of business where ever we lived.

When I started working and making money of my own I took these same values. I have a favorite Chinese resturant I always visit, Mr. Wangs in Homewood, Al. I met these guys when I was in fifth grade and have eated at their resturant ever since. I have serveral businesses like this that I always do business with.

My thought is, the only time you should ever change where you are doing business is if you are going to be able to save a good amount of money or there is a change in the service you are getting. Now in saying about the money, often times you get what you pay for so that is a little less in my book. For me Service is the key.

So, do you think there has been a change in the amout of loyalty shown to businesses over the past couple years or do you think this is an out dated way to do business?

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to respond-I always go to the same places for a certain item. For instance, when I go to O'Carr's, I always get a chicken salad & fruit plate, if I go to Franklin's, I always get the Carlenene's plate, Same statuionary store for stationary, etc. If the item I always get changes a few times, I will probably go somewhere else. I do like to try new places , though I usually find something new & interesting that becomes a new favorite. I guess I am a very loyal customer as long as I always get the same service. As for outdated-my teenage son likes to try new Mexican restaurants but he always goes back to one that he says is great food for great price. So maybe the younger gen. likes to look around but still remains loyal to the tried & true. Sorry so long!-LA

    ReplyDelete