Friday, April 17, 2009

Rush, Rush, Rush.....

Over the past two years I have had the incredible opportunity to work with some great kids through our youth group at my church. I'm not sure if they know it or not but seeing the passion in these kids to serve God inspires me. When I have moments when I may feel down or tried they some how have a way to pick me up. But, over these two years I seem to always hear this phrase, "I can't wait to be out of high school!"

I know when I was in high school I always said the same thing. That's one of those things I think we all said. I think sometimes we get in the mentality where we want to rush things to get to the next part in the day, week, year, or just the next part in life. This morning as I was driving back from Tuscaloosa, Jeffrey Samplaski and I were talking about this subject.

Jeffrey and I were talking about as we get older, more and more stuff seem to get piled on our plates and less and less ever gets taken off. Now it's easy for us to tell these young people to enjoy this time, because you know there is always more positive than negative. The responsibility is less and you have more free time than you think. On that same point, you will never know as many people as you once did in high school.

So what's in it for us, meaning the ones out of high school? The ones that are in college or finishing, or those that have full time jobs with or with out families of their own. It means we need to enjoy today. It's easy to say that today since it is so beautiful outside, but I mean it. Take time for yourself. If you like reading, pick up a good book. If you like to puff on a good cigar, stop the your favorite cigar store and treat yourself, have a nice dinner with your family, or just sit out on your porch/deck and enjoy what God has given you today. What's given to us today is always not promised tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment